5.03.2007

Zebras and warthogs and hippos, oh my!

Hey there friends! Life in the big U is going pretty great these days. The kids are on break from school so everything is moving at a slower pace which has been a welcome break. I am still working almost every day but have been taking some time off to relax. I’m still trying to get used to the culture and language thing. There are so many ways in which culturally we are different. Differences that shake me to the core, but I try to hang onto the similarities you can always find in human nature. Last week two of my friends and I took some time to be “tourists” and went to a National Park, Lake Mburo. Took a hike through the park, with an armed guard (don’t worry mom), and saw sooo many animals. Zebras, hippos, warthogs, empalas, monkeys just to name a few. I really felt like I was living in the Lion King. I kept laughing out loud to my self realizing that I am actually living in Africa. School starts up again later this month so it will be back to the grind stone before long. Hope you all are well. Congrats to the 2007 IWU grads! Also, congrats to all the other grads out there too!

Ps. Warthogs are hilarious!


Me, Jess and Pumba, the warthog

6 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read your updates!!!!! They always make my day-and I'm so glad you are doing so well and staying strong. I cannot wait to see you in only a few weeks =) When I come visit, can we please go to this park and see all the animals??? I love you and miss you!
XOXO
Becca Boo

Phil 4:13!!!!

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Yay for a Sarah update! And thanks for mentioning me. I will send you an "invitation" to graduation with photos after Sunday (and of course something else too). So glad you are doing well and embracing the culture, for all its differences and difficulties. As ever, you inspire me. Love you!

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you seen my facebook pictures of the zoo yet? I'm so jealous that you got to go to a real live zoo.......but I hope an elephant didn't fling poo at you.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want you to go a catch me a monkey so he can help with daily tasks. Also as I write this Sydney (my kitten) is laying on my lap and says hello.

Good luck with catching that monkey

-Rick

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Nate said...

I talked to Elise today and am excited about you coming home! My family is on vacation until about June 17th or so... I will let you know exact dates when I know.
-Liscious

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is pumba?
z

 

Post a Comment

<< Home