2.08.2007

2 months at sight tally

Number of:

Piles of cow droppings stepped in: 6 (the cows roam around everywhere here, they haven’t quite caught on to the idea of fences or animal pens here).

Snakes found in my bathing area: 1 Needless to say, said snake has been removed from bathing area.

Spiders killed from in house: 20 – yesterday I even squashed one with six legs, bizarre!

Marriage proposals: At least 40. You think this would be flattering, but it is actually just sad.

Times I have had to sing the Bugandan National Anthem: 20. Somehow I have become famous around the area as the ‘muzungu’ who knows how to sing the anthem, in Luganda.

Percentage of accuracy in aiming into the pit latrine: 96.8%

Months left until I COS (close of service): 22

Days till I come home for the wedding: 125

Times when I have wanted to come home: About 100

Times when I was glad I was in Uganda: About 1,000

2 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to see you! keep it up! you rock! i have a friend who was a missionary in Thailand for the last year and now he is home, he has so many stories about his adventure and the people. i can't wait to hear yours. keep on loving them.

just as a side note, bobble body jesus still sits in my car, and every time i see him i think of you.

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to see your pit latrine accuracy has improved =) I better start practicing, but I don't know how much my suitemats would appreciate that! You are AmAzInG!
XOXO
Becca

PS Dang it, why do I keep forgetting to sign my posts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home