8.21.2007

Humor

Hey friends! Just a quick post of pictures that I have taken at various times of random things or events that happen in Uganda which probably would not happen in America.


Women waiting for a meeting to start. Meeting was scheduled to begin at 10, did not start till 2. Their solution was to sleep.





Seriously?



No tent, no walmart, no problem!
Jess, Laura and I wanted to go camping, so we improvised and used our mosquito net.


Pig outreach.
Actually, I was just reading, and Mr. pig also wanted to learn.


Ostriches that attack. There is a place by my house where you can "ride ostriches." We tried to do so, but they were not tame, and I think this one in the picture was trying to eat us. Needless to say, we did not end up riding.

Child size bike?

6 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

116 days and we are on our way.
I want to be where the Golf picture was at and a lot of other places too (-: That pig picture is way too cute.
Take care.
Have I told you lately?
Yes I do.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I like the idea of taking a nap while waiting for a meeting:-) Good grief though...is a 4 hour delay customary?
I didn't comment on it, but your last post was very moving. Thanks for sharing. Keep it up and so much love!

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny! I'm glad you didn't get eaten by an ostrich. That would have sucked. Oh, and bad news about the Elvis Reeses cups I told you about; they are still covered in chocolate :(

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have our new backpacks and are starting to get organized. what a perfect Christmas it will be!!
I know I've told you.... more than all the piggies in uganda! love you. mom.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I miss you so much... You are truly one of the most awesome people I've ever met. Thank you for all the inspiration this summer. I really did so much more and learned so much more than I ever expected because of you. Did I mention you are amazing? We all are still praying for you. Ummm... cool blog! Say hi to everyone for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Cassie

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah I'm really proud of the work your doing. You are reaching those who no one every thought to reach before. And you know what I think that it's time that everyone realise that Pigs need the gospel too. So Bravo Sarah! You spread the good news to as many pigs and other animals as you can.


PS. Miss you and proud the work you are doing with humans as well

-Rick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home