1.20.2008

Tis the Season of Visitors

Cowan family at the source of da nile.
This past month I have been very blessed to receive many visitors. My mom, dad and sister came to Uganda in December followed by Becca M. and 4 of her friends in January. They spent many days at my village as well as touring around Uganda and seeing the sites. It was my first time to try my hand at being a tour guide and although challenging, it turned out to be quite fun. The trip was quite the role reversal as my parents are usually the one with all the money, car keys and decision making power but as this is now ‘my home’ I was the one taking the responsibility. It is wonderful to be able to share this experience with loved ones from home. They can attest to the truth in my stories of Uganda that may seem outlandish to those who have not traveled here. They climbed into a small car with 10 other people and 5 chickens. They went to meetings starting 5 hours late. They ate the rice and beans and lived without a real toilet or washing machine. It was a rockin good time, and I miss them so much already. I think that you should all come visit, Uganda is not that far away. Haha, but seriously, anyone is welcome to Enyumba wa Sarah and experience Uganda through the Sarah Tour Guide Company.

3 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm printing up business cards for the "Sarah Tour Guide Company!!!" Like the three us tell everyone, "What a wonderful trip and we'd do it again in a heart beat" I'm so glad all 3 of us could be there to join you for Christmas. I love the part of role reversal. That was totaly different. Hey Sarah can I have 10,000 shillings so I can buy a shirt, please(-: It's got to be about 10 more months and then you are done. It goes without saying we miss you too. Take care and Have I told you lately? More than all the bananas, rice & beans in Uganda.
I do you know.
Love,
Dad
Oh yah 1st again.

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the many pictures from your parents' trip. How wonderful a time they had! It sounded fantastic!

Jody B

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell your Dad he can join me next time as a member of the 'Old Guys working brigade' at Rakai. It certainly is more fun and rewarding than most vacations.

Also, maybe the next time I go, I too can see the Nile. After two trips and over 5 weeks there, I never have done any touring (but never regretted it). Winnie had me promise to take her on a boat ride next time I come; she's never had one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home