9.27.2006

Staging

Hello friends!

I am here in Philadelphia, one step closer to my dream, Uganda! Staging has been so great. The group I am going to Uganda with is a lot different then most groups sent with the PC. Instead of the usual 35ish volunteers, we only have 12 in our group….and we are all girls! How crazy is that? I think that this will be very good though because we have a very rare opportunity to become a very close group which I think will be essential down in a couple of weeks. Even our trainers were fantastic, they were very patient and diligent at answering all of our questions. So I know most of you are just dying to know if I have done it yet. Yes, yes I have. I had my first Phily Cheese Steak, and it was superb! I am not actually sure if the sandwich was pleasing, or if the company just made it seem so tasty. These girls are all incredible, and very talented. It is a completely diverse group and already we are all sharing our strengths with each other. Good news, I have taken my first dose of Malaria meds, and no serious side effects have popped up yet, I’m praying it stays that way. However, I have not gone to sleep yet, and that I hear, is when all of the crazy dreams/nightmares/acid trip-ish stuff happens. I’ll let you know how that goes, but at least I know I’ll have a wonderful support group if it gets bad. This is a picture of 10 of the 12 of us tonight eating our "last supper" here in America.


We fly out tomorrow from JFK and arrive in Uganda sometime Friday night or early Saturday. WOW! J I hope you are all having a wonderful time where ever you are, and whatever you are doing. Keep up the good work with the comments here, I LOVE getting comments. Keep ‘em coming!

Love you all!

12 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are set for a great adventure. Good Luck to all the group and take care.
Have I told you lately?
I do you know (-:

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Sarah, but I don't have time to read your post now, but I just saw you online and tried to send you a quick IM just saying that I'm thinking about you, but you got off. So just know that I am thinking of you and your group and safe travels tomorrow:)
*Hugs*
Becca

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

12 girls?! man sarah, i wish i was in the peace corps. just think, 12 sl's, each not knowing what the other's secret initials stood for... i imagine you won't get this for a while now since your computer situation is changing, but have fun on your flight and make sure to get as much free 14-hour-flight stuff as you can. oh, and cheese whiz on a cheesesteak is still gross, i don't care what kind of company your in.

sl

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah,

Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk before you left. I got your message but it didn't come with your parent's phone number attached to it, so I couldn't call you back :( Just wanted to tell you to have safe travels on your trip to Africa. Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun with the rest of your group! I wish I had been in Philly just a little bit earlier and then maybe I could have met up with you (I go there on Oct 1). Anyway, I'll try to send you an email later and I'll keep checking this to see what you're up to. Stay safe, have fun, keep in touch, and love you lots!!

~ Elise ~

P.S. I passed all of the CPA exam!!!!! :-D

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for calling today, it was good to hear your voice once more because i had been missing it. Now hopefully i can last nine more months without it. I miss you and i am very proud of you. any way take care and have fun on your new adventure.

Love Rick

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Brooksie said...

Heh heh, I know two people in this picture. God bless, my friend.

Brooksie

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SARAH!!

Freeport just isnt the same without you already!! i've been thinking about you alot! and Petersen definitely asked me on tuesday if you left yet.. haha.. funny guy. and thanks for the IM, it was great to come home too! I LOVE YOU TOO! and I MISS YOU SO MUCH! Thats great that you're getting along with your group already...i'm so excited to hear all kinds of stories of you wrestling tigers and such... haha Stay safe! I miss you!

~Pretzle love!

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my friend,
I read your post this time and am super excited for you...training could be like A9 all over again. Perhaps you could introduce these girls to nesting:)
Anywas, I got your package today and it made me laugh (because you wrote sister Sarah) and made me cry (because the Camp Care DVD is amazing)!
At the Crowder-Third Day concert last night, they talked about the Invisible children of Uganda and when he mentioned Uganda Rick and I both let out loud cheers in an otherwise silent and fairly solemn Peoria Civic Center. We are planning on sponsoring an invisible child in your honor so thank you for sharing your gifts and your life and setting a wonderful example for us.
I love you and am super proud of you!

Becca E

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Like your mom, I couldn't get my comment to post either..
Here's to sending you more love and thanking you for being the great example you are. I've always looked up to you (being two years younger does that), and it is a joy to see you living your dream!
Big hug and lots of prayers

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SARAH.. Im so glad I got to chat with you one more time before you left. I hope the flight went well. I have a video clip of a third day song for you. But, I need to figure out how to either sent it on put it on here.

Love Erin

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are probably in Africa right now! All the other PCVs look nice. Joel and I are so happy for you, Sarah C. :) Say hi to the giraffes for me, and think of me when you dream crazy malaria pill dreams (or not - I hope you don't have any crazy side effects, either!). Love from both of us... XO

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah! I'm so excited for you and I'm really glad you have this opportunity to go over to Uganda. I know you're going to have a great time there! I'll be sure to leave you lots of comments! :-)

Beth <><

 

Post a Comment

<< Home